Privacy & Health Information
You have privacy rights under a federal law that protects your health information. This law sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. These rights are important for you to know.
What information is protected?
- Information your doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers put in your medical records
- Conversations your doctor has with nurses and others regarding your care or treatment
- Billing information about you here at our hospital, clinics or outpatient departments
- Most other health information about you that is held by healthcare providers who must follow this law
Without your written permission, GRMC cannot:
- Give your health information to your employer (This does not include Worker’s Compensation)
- Share your information for marketing or fundraising purposes
- Share private notes about your mental health counseling sessions, unless allowed by law
The Notice of Privacy Practices describes specifically how GRMC uses your health information, your privacy rights under federal law, and how to file a complaint.
- Contact GRMC staff and ask for a copy of the Notice
- Click HERE to view or print out a copy of this form
GRMC understands that your health information is personal and sensitive in nature, and we are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. Patients are encouraged to discuss concerns about the privacy of their health information with the hospital’s privacy officer.
To file a privacy complaint with GRMC:
- Contact Debby Hernandez, GRMC privacy officer, at 830.401.7100
- Complete the HIPAA (Privacy) Complaint Form HERE
GRMC strives to deliver quality care and service to the patients we are privileged to serve. Patients are encouraged to discuss concerns regarding care with staff or the unit director. Staff will be receptive to patient complaints and attempt to resolve complaints immediately. If a complaint cannot be resolved immediately, or if the patient desires, the patient may present a verbal or written complaint to GRMC Administration.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Nursing Officer
Chief Operating Officer