The rehabilitation center at Guadalupe Regional Medical Center (GRMC) puts patients first. We offer specialized rehabilitation in multiple areas, including our inpatient rehabilitation unit, outpatient therapy clinic, and cardiac rehab clinic. Whether you are recovering from an injury or surgery, need cardiovascular therapy after a stroke or heart attack, or you have a neurological or pulmonary condition, our experienced team is here to help. We offer both inpatient and outpatient rehab on a referral-only basis.
Our clinical staff is highly trained to provide a wide range of rehabilitation therapies, from physical, occupational and speech therapy to pulmonary and cardiac rehab. The inpatient rehabilitation unit is located within the hospital on the first floor with access from the Moss street entrance. Our comfortable, easily accessible outpatient rehabilitation and cardiac rehab facilities are located at GRMC’s Wellness Center and Gym, where you will also find our therapy pool, training center and more. Our team can provide care in both English and Spanish.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Our rehabilitation programs, under the supervision of a medical director, help improve the health and quality of life of patients with vascular health issues—close to home. Our team of nurses, exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists is committed to helping you manage your recovery while providing education to improve your health outcomes.
The rehab center offers three outpatient programs:
- Cardiac Rehab: Our nationally certified Cardiac Rehab program can help you recover from heart surgery or a cardiac event. Our goal is to provide healthy exercises and risk reduction education to support and improve your recovery.
- Pulmonary Rehab: GRMC’s Pulmonary Rehab program offers exercise training and education several times a week for patients with chronic lung disease. Your rehab is tailored to your individual needs to boost your quality of life and help you develop healthy behaviors.
- Healthy Strides: Healthy Strides is an exercise program that helps people with who have intermittent claudication—a type of muscle pain that occurs with walking—improve leg artery function in patients. We’ll work with you to increase your walking ability while decreasing leg pain and disability.
If you are recovering from an accident or medical event or if you’re coping with a chronic condition that has gotten worse, our inpatient rehab team is here to help. At GRMC, physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists, as well as a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician and a dietitian, offer one-on-one care. We provide close medical management during your stay in the inpatient rehab unit, which usually lasts about 10 to 12 days.
Our inpatient rehabilitation team provides care for a wide range of conditions. These include:
- Injury or trauma
- Health issues caused by a worsening of a chronic condition, such as Parkinson’s disease
GRMC’s outpatient rehabilitation center also offers comprehensive high-quality outpatient physicial therapy care. Our physical, occupational and speech therapists customize your care to meet your specific needs and help you reach your goals and regain your functional independence.
We help patients with a wide variety of conditions recover after an illness, injury or surgery or learn to manage a chronic condition. In addition to physical, occupational and speech therapy, we offer specialty care including:
- Certified hand rehabilitation
- Certified care for patients with worsening chronic conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease
- Therapeutic pain management
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow (FEES)
- Aquatic therapy in our therapy pool