COVID-19 Notice & Information
Guided by our quality and infection prevention experts and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have taken a number of steps in addition to our standard rigorous infection control measures to ensure our facilities remain safe places for you to confidently receive care.
ICU Intensivist, Bhupinder Sangha, MD speaks candidly about the measures being taken within the ICU to protect patients and staff amidst COVID-19.
- No Visitors will be permitted to visit or accompany patients, except for in certain situations.
- Patients can enter through:
- Patient Tower Monday-Friday 5:45am – 4:00pm
- Central Entrance Monday-Friday 5:45am-6:00pm
- ER entrance is open 24 hours a day
Contacting your loved one in a COVID unit:
- GRMC requests that families designate one family member as the “family spokesperson” who will be the point of contact for all information and conversations with the health care team.
- The designated point of contact will be responsible for sharing information with family members or loved ones who should have this information.
- The designated point of contact will hear from a care team member each day from 1p-5p for regular updates or more frequently if the patient’s condition or treatment changes significantly.
- We encourage you to stay in touch with patients through phone calls and videoconferencing. If there is any way we can help coordinate a virtual visit via phone call or “face time” with your family members, please let us know during your daily call.
For more questions about visitation at GRMC, please visit our FAQ Page.
Results will be posted to the portal(s) as soon as they become available and called to the patient as soon as possible. GRMC has set up a dedicated phone line at 830-401-1370 for test result inquiries. Patients may leave a message inquiring about test results and will be called back in the order of their message.
SA Metro Health COVID-19 Hotline: 210.201.5779
Available resources in English and Spanish
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 9:30am – 4:30pm