Cardiac Rehab Specialist
Part-Time; Mondays 7am to 5pm, other days as needed
A Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist utilizes professional and technical skills to provide care to patients in the Cardiac Rehabilitation program. The Specialist is able to coach and support patients through an exercise and education cardiac rehabilitation program in order to optimize patients’ physical, social and psychological function. The Specialist guides patients through the change process helping them to adopt healthier life-styles choices in order to lessen cardiovascular risk and chronic disease processes.
- minimum of associates degree in Allied Health or closely related specialty (i.e. Respiratory Therapy, Nursing, Physical Therapist, Fitness Specialist, etc.)
- obtains and maintains American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider
- current ACLS required within 6 months of employment
- one year experience or equivalent in exercise training/health promotion
- commitment to a healthy lifestyle as a model for participants and staff
- Telemetry/ECG experience preferred
- knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, risk-factor modification strategies and counseling and education techniques to cardiovascular rehabilitation and secondary prevention services preferred
- Click on “Apply” below and fill out the online application.
- Save it to your desktop. Electronically sign, if possible.
- Click on “Upload” (at left), select application file, and submit.
Thank you for your interest in Guadalupe Regional Medical Center.