For any questions or more information, please call 830.401.7722, or you can email us by clicking HERE.
Visiting hours are daily from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm. There is convenient parking through the McFarland Entrance located on Moss Street.
It is important that all medications be administered by the rehabilitation nurses. Please bring a list of all your medications and dosages including all over-the-counter medications you are currently taking. Medications should not be brought from home unless advised by your physician.
Yes, we provide meals daily. Our nutritionist and physician accommodate your current medical needs and patients eat all meals in the designated dining area as a part of the rehabilitation plan.
We help those with conditions such as:
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Hip Fracture
- Neurological Disorders including Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis or Polyneuropathy
- Elective knee and hip replacements if one of the following criteria is met:
- Bilateral knee or hip replacements
- Age 85 or greater
- BMI ? 50
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Complex medical issues that cause a person to become debilitated and weak
Each day patients will dress in their own clothing for therapy. We suggest wearing casual comfortable clothing to allow for easy movement. Clothing should be labeled with the patient’s name and all valuables should be left at home. Please consider bringing:
- Shirts/ blouses or pullover tops
- Comfortable slacks, shorts or sweat suits
- Athletic shoes or other supportive shoes
- Pajamas or gown, robe and slippers
- Toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, brush, deodorant, etc.
- Dentures, eyeglasses and hearing aides
The rehabilitation team consists of:
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Patient/ family/ care giver
- Occupational therapist
- Speech/language pathologist
- Respiratory therapist
Breakfast is served around 7:30 am each morning. Patient therapy sessions are scheduled between early morning to late afternoon, Monday through Saturday. Each afternoon, patients will receive a card with their schedule for the next day. On average, patients will have 2 hours of therapy in the morning and 1 hour of therapy in the afternoon. After therapy, patients are free to rest and relax with family either in their private rooms or in the dining area.
Our average length of stay is about 10 days to 2 weeks. After admission and evaluation, the length of stay for each patient will be calculated based on diagnosis and initial functional levels. Patients and families will be updated on length of stay as soon as they are calculated.