Guadalupe Regional Medical Center COVID-19 Update: July 23, 2021
Guadalupe Regional Medical Center as well as the San Antonio region are experiencing a surge in the number of COVID-19 cases. GRMC has recognized a steady increase in admissions this week and is currently caring for 17 plus COVID patients in addition to our non-COVID census.
GRMC Statistics: The 7-day moving average for COVID hospitalizations is 11 per day which is a 75% increase over the prior week. The 7-day moving average for new COVID admissions is 3 per day, an increase of 54% over the prior week.
Since June 23, 2021 GRMC has been collecting data solely at our facility on vaccination status of patients hospitalized for COVID-19. 80% of the individuals hospitalized at GRMC for COVID-19 in the last 30 days were not fully vaccinated. Of the 52 patients we collected data on, 43 were not fully vaccinated, and 9 were vaccinated.
Texas Statistics: Per the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), COVID cases and hospitalizations are rapidly rising due to the Delta variant. As of July 23, 2021:
- 5,391 new confirmed cases
- 53 newly reported fatalities
- 3,890 COVID-19 hospitalizations in Texas
Visitation: Due to the current increase of COVID-19 in our community GRMC is modifying our visitor policy to protect patients and healthcare workers. There will be no visitation allowed for ICU or COVID patients and one visitor will be allowed for other patients.
Practice Prevention Measures for COVID-19: GRMC encourages the public to continue to practice prevention measures.
- Get vaccinated if your family doctor says you are an appropriate candidate (check availability with your local family doctor or pharmacy).
- Regardless of vaccination status continue to avoid close contact with people who are sick; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; stay home when you are sick; cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue; clean and disinfect frequently touched objects; and wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Information: If you are looking for local COVID-19 testing or vaccine locations please contact your local family physician and/or pharmacy or try the following websites: