The Seguin medical community is unique in many ways. GRMC is the only city-county hospital in Texas. It is a not-for-profit, non-corporate, community hospital licensed for 125 beds. A $100 million expansion project was completed in 2010, making this facility one of the most spacious and well-appointed in the San Antonio region. Technologically, GRMC is well equipped with robotic surgery, an interventional cath lab, top-of-the-line imaging and interventional studies and inpatient dialysis. Currently underway, plans for a $15M expansion to include a level 2 NICU.
There are approximately 70 active medical staff members at GRMC who live and practice locally. The community has traditionally been served by private practice physicians, though the nationwide trend for employment and shared overhead practices has begun to evolve in Seguin as well. A hallmark of our medical staff has been and continues to be strong unity and dedication to patient care. To maintain this culture, we are very selective in bringing in only board certified physicians who share our commitment for community, collaboration and high quality patient care… summed up in our position statement of “Advanced Medicine. Personal Touch.”
About GRMCLearn More
Current practice opportunities through GRMC include:
- Hospitalist Learn More
The GRMC hospitalist group is growing to a four physician group – each covering approximately 15 day shifts per month and rotating nights and weekends.
- Primary Care – Family Practice or Internal Medicine Learn More
- Neurology Learn More
We will open a new neurology practice in the Feb 2015 to fill a high volume demand from our market. The volume is so high that a second neurologist is being sought to complete this practice for general neurology seeing primarily outpatients with limited inpatient consultations. Position is employed by hospital.
For mid to late 2015 placement, we welcome applications for:
- An ENT surgeon to join existing and successful private practice of Jennifer Hennessee, MD.
- A third OB/GYN provider is sought to create a three employed physician practice of Alyson Kirchner, MD and Tiffany Remsing, MD. An office for this position would likely not be available until late 2015. Call schedule would be 1:5.
- A second urologist is sought to create a two employed physician practice of Tres Ryan, MD. An office for this position would likely not be available until late 2015. Call schedule for urology would be 1:3.
- A pediatrician or pedi-focused FP is sought to join the private practice of Linda Sullivan, DO.
For more information, please contact Michelle Rumbaut at email@example.com. Please note that only board certified physicians will be considered, and that an ideal candidate has Texas roots or ties and intentions of establishing a long range home in Seguin. A San Antonio-based physician will not meet our needs.