Obstetrics & Gynecology
When it comes to life, GRMC delivers!
Whether you’re expecting your first child or looking forward to another, you can have confidence that GRMC’s Birthing Center is the perfect place to welcome a new life. Our goal is to provide you with quality and compassionate care throughout all phases of your pregnancy. GRMC’s Birthing Center provides educational classes and other resources to assist you during this exciting new time.
The obstetrics and gynecology team at Guadalupe Regional Medical Center (GRMC) provides compassionate, woman-centered healthcare for our community. Whether you are visiting GRMC for a routine check-up, help with family planning or care during a higher-risk pregnancy, you can rest assured you will be in safe, experienced hands with our board-certified obstetrician-gynecologists (OB/GYNs) and family practice physicians.
Your OB/GYN will take the time to get to know your needs, answer questions and listen to your concerns. They can offer expert care for a wide range of women’s health concerns, including:
- IUD insertion or removal.
- Menstrual problems.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
We recommend that all our patients schedule a well-woman care appointment every year. Well-woman appointments are the perfect time to discuss any changes to your overall health and medical history, ask questions about family planning or sexual health, and talk about changes you may need to make if you are considering becoming pregnant.
At your appointment, your doctor may recommend routine tests, such as a Pap smear, or other treatments or screenings. For pregnant women, ultrasounds and non-stress tests can also be carried out right here at GRMC.
You and your newborn will have access to the latest in advanced pregnancy care if you choose GRMC for your birthing experience. Our OB/GYN and family medicine physicians offer comprehensive prenatal care. They offer advice and care at every stage of your pregnancy. And at GRMC, we offer specialized resources to help you and your baby thrive, including:
- Maternal fetal medicine specialists from University Hospital in San Antonio, who visit high-risk patients every two weeks.
- Access to University Hospital specialist physicians who can provide extra care for you or your baby if needed.
- Breastfeeding and childbirth classes to help you prepare.
GRMC is a Texas Ten Step-certified maternity hospital and has a Level II maternal care designation, which recognizes our expertise in treating patients with higher-risk pregnancies. See what some of our patients have said about their birthing experience at GRMC.
The Birthing Center at GRMC
Our recently renovated Birthing Center offers a comfortable environment for you and your family to welcome your newborn to the world. Both during and after labor, you will be cared for by our nursing staff, who are experienced in providing safe and effective medical care for mothers with higher-risk pregnancies. Our Birthing Center also includes many amenities to support parents before and after childbirth, such as:
- Comfortable labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms.
- A wide variety of pain management options, including nitrous oxide.
- Peanut balls and birthing balls for comfort during labor.
- A celebration meal for you and your birthing partner.
- Support from our lactation consultant to help you with any breastfeeding challenges.
Get started with GRMC OB/GYN care
Get to know our OB/GYN providers, and give them a call to schedule your well-woman appointment at a clinic near you. If you have a baby on the way, call 830.401.7530 to sign up for childbirth classes and learn more about GRMC’s Birthing Center.