Guadalupe Regional Medical Center COVID-19 Update: July 29, 2021
Guadalupe Regional Medical Center as well as the San Antonio region are experiencing a surge in the number of COVID-19 cases. GRMC has recognized a steady increase in admissions the past two weeks and is currently caring for 23 COVID patients in addition to our non-COVID census.
GRMC Statistics: The 7-day moving average for COVID hospitalizations is 16 per day. The 7-day moving average for new COVID admissions is 4 per day.
85% of patients currently hospitalized at GRMC for COVID-19 are unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated. Following CDC guidelines, GRMC considers people who are two weeks out from completion of second doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines or one dose of the J&J vaccine to be “fully vaccinated”.
Texas Statistics: Per the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), COVID cases and hospitalizations are rapidly rising due to the Delta variant. As of July 28, 2021:
- 10,086 new confirmed cases
- 59 newly reported fatalities
- 5,292 COVID-19 hospitalizations in Texas
Visitation: Due to the current increase of COVID-19 in our community GRMC has modified our visitor policy to protect patients and healthcare workers. We will continue no visitation allowed for ICU or COVID patients and one visitor will be allowed for other patients.
Practice Prevention Measures for COVID-19: GRMC encourages the public to continue to practice prevention measures.
- Get vaccinated if your family doctor says you are an appropriate candidate (check availability with your local family doctor or pharmacy).
- Regardless of vaccination status continue to avoid close contact with people who are sick; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; stay home when you are sick; cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue; clean and disinfect frequently touched objects; and wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Information: If you are looking for local COVID-19 testing or vaccine locations please contact your local family physician and/or pharmacy or try the following websites: