Guadalupe Regional Medical Center COVID-19 Update: November 19, 2020
As of November 17, 2020, Guadalupe County is reporting 4,614 COVID-19 cases. The total number includes 3,994 recovered, 56 confirmed active cases, and 41 probable active cases.
Numbers of COVID-19 Patients at GRMC: Currently GRMC has 8 hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
GRMC Number Trends: GRMC’s 7 day moving average of new COVID-19 admissions is 2 per day and the 7 day moving average for COVID-19 hospitalizations is 5 per day. This information represents average numbers from our facility alone.
How can I help prevent the spread of COVID-19? Practicing proper hygiene is vital to prevent the spread of COVID-19 since the illness is predominantly spread between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Practice social distancing. Wear your face mask. Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
How can I safely gather with family for the holidays? Gatherings during the upcoming holidays can be an opportunity to reconnect with family and friends. This holiday season, consider ways your holiday plans can be modified to reduce the spread of COVID-19 cases to keep your friends, family, and community healthy and safe.
The following considerations are taken from CDC communications on slowing the spread in small household gatherings:
- Host outdoor activities instead of indoor activities as much as possible.
- If only indoor is possible, avoid crowded, poorly ventilated or fully enclosed indoor spaces and increase ventilation by opening windows and doors to the extent that is safe and feasible based on weather.
- Provide or encourage attendees to bring supplies to help you and others stay healthy. For example, extra masks (do not share or swap with others), hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, and tissues.
- Practice social distancing, staying at least 6 feet apart from each other.
- Wear masks as much as possible.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Do not attend if you have been exposed to someone who is positive or presumed positive for COVID-19.